What is the application for medical registration?
It is a secure, web-based process for applying to Canadian medical regulatory authorities (MRAs). The application process is accessed through physiciansapply.ca.
How do I start the application process?
- If you have not already done so, you will need to create an account with physiciansapply.ca. Follow the instructions on the physiciansapply.ca login page.
- Be prepared to pay all applicable fees. Visa and MasterCard credit cards are the accepted methods of payment.
From your physiciansapply.ca account:
- Click on Applications for medical registration on the left panel.
- Check the box next to the MRA to which you would like to apply.
- Click on Next at the bottom right of the screen.
- Click on the Web link next to the MRA to review their registration criteria.
- Once you have reviewed the registration criteria, click on “I AGREE”.
- Follow the instructions on each page of the application.
- On the Summary of Charges page, you will be required to enter your credit card information and click on Pay Now at the bottom right of the screen.
- Once you have paid, a Transaction Confirmation and a PDF of your completed application will be available in your account.
- Your applications will be sent directly from your account to the MRA for review.
- If you have any questions about the status of your application after it has been sent, please contact the MRA directly.
- The MRA will review the application based on its eligibility requirements. It will issue a medical licence or practice permit only to those candidates who meet those specific requirements.