There is a one-time account fee for physiciansapply.ca, which is $280 for 2017. If you previously paid it through PCRC-Online or physiciansapply.ca, you won’t be charged this fee again. Candidates who did not previously pay the account fee will be asked to pay it when creating their physiciansapply.ca account or when submitting their first application for medical registration through their account.
Starting April 1, 2016, candidates using the Application for Medical Registration (AMR) through their physiciansapply.ca account will be charged $195 per submission.
A refund can only be processed with the approval of the appropriate medical regulatory authority (MRA). Candidates must therefore communicate directly with the appropriate MRA for their refund to be approved. Once the MRA confirms the refund to the MCC, the refund, minus an administrative fee of $52, will be applied to the candidate’s physiciansapply.ca account.
The medical regulatory authorities using the AMR currently charge the following fees. You will be asked to pay this fee when you submit your application for medical registration through physiciansapply.ca.
- The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) charges all candidates applying for an independent practice permit a $200 fee (plus applicable taxes) to conduct a Review of Qualifications.
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia charges the following fees:
- Documentation Fee – $350 / Review of Qualifications – $350
- Le Collège des médecins du Québec (CMQ)
- See physiciansapply.ca services section on the CMQ Fee structure webpage for fees charged by CMQ. The physiciansapply.ca one-time account fee is also listed on this page.
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS) charges all candidates $500 + $25 GST for a Review of Qualifications.
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador (CPSNL) charges the following fees:
- Application Fee – $450 / Review of Qualifications – $250
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of British Columbia (CPSBC) charges the following fees:
- Registration Fee – $640 / Preliminary Assessment of Qualifications – $600
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Prince Edward Island (CPSPEI) charges all candidates $400.
- The Yukon Medical Council (YMC) does not charge any additional fees.
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Manitoba (CPSM) charges all candidates $210 to conduct a Review of Qualifications.