There is a one-time account fee for physiciansapply.ca, which is $278 for 2016. If you previously paid it through PCRC-Online or physiciansapply.ca, you won’t be charged this fee again. Candidates who did not previously pay the account fee will be asked to pay it when creating their physiciansapply.ca account or when submitting their first application for medical registration through their account.
Starting April 1, 2016, candidates using the Application for Medical Registration (AMR) through their physiciansapply.ca account will be charged $195 per submission.
A refund can only be processed with the approval of the appropriate medical regulatory authority (MRA). Candidates must therefore communicate directly with the appropriate MRA for their refund to be approved. Once the MRA confirms the refund to the MCC, the refund, minus an administrative fee of $52, will be applied to the candidate’s physiciansapply.ca account.
The medical regulatory authorities using the AMR currently charge the following fees:
- The College of Physicians & Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) charges all candidates applying for an independent practice permit a $200 fee (plus applicable taxes) to conduct a Review of Qualifications (formerly Eligibility Review). You will be asked to pay this fee when submitting the Review of Qualifications to the CPSA through physiciansapply.ca.
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Nova Scotia charges the following fees:
- Documentation Fee:
- $300 (for physicians applying for a Full or Temporary Licence)
- $600 (for physicians applying for an Academic, Clinical Assistant or Defined Licence)
- Review of Qualifications – $350 (to determine eligibility for licensure for graduates of international medical schools who have no training in Canada)
- Documentation Fee:
- Le Collège des médecins du Québec (CMQ)
- See physiciansapply.ca services section on the CMQ Fee structure webpage for fees charged by CMQ. The physiciansapply.ca one-time account fee is also listed on this page.
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan (CPSS) charges all candidates $500 + $25 GST for an Eligibility Review. You will be asked to pay this fee when submitting the Eligibility Review to the CPSS through physiciansapply.ca.
- The College of Physicians and Surgeons of Newfoundland and Labrador (CPSNL) charges the following fees:
- Application Fee – $450 / Review of Qualifications – $250