physiciansapply.ca is a unique portal that enables medical students and physicians to:
- Apply for medical registration
- Register for exams and see their results
- Request source verifications
- Share credentials and documents with registered stakeholders
- Have their credentials translated
- Request an Educational Credential Assessment for immigration to Canada.
The portal replaces two legacy systems: MCC-Online and PCRC-Online
physiciansapply.ca was realized thanks to collaboration between:
- Employment and Social Development Canada (formerly Human Resources and Skills Development Canada)
- The Federation of Medical Regulatory Authorities of Canada and its members
- The Medical Council of Canada.
The project, announced in 2010, received funding from the Government of Canada’s Foreign Credential Recognition Program.
physiciansapply.ca supports fair, transparent, timely and consistent credential recognition.
Practising in Canada
physiciansapply.ca outlines the process to becoming a practising physician in Canada. Find out more about the different requirements, including how to obtain the Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada.
The orientation section of physiciansapply.ca consists of the Communication and Cultural Competence orientation program. Work through the five cases and the Communication skills module for an overview of some of the communications and cultural challenges facing physicians in Canada.